Poor Nutrition Can Kill Your Pet!
Good nutrition can save them.
Nutrition is one of the most important ways that we can keep our pets healthy and give them a longer life!
- Poor nutrition contributes to obesity which can worsen diseases such as arthritis, diabetes and joint disease. Fat cells cause inflammation which wears on a pet’s vital organs.
- Poor nutrition increases the chance of your pet getting cancer.
- A large breed puppy fed improper food can develop bone deformities and cats have different protein requirements than dogs
- Lower quality food contains bone meal, which is just a filler, and pets are unable to digest it which results in higher amounts of needed food and higher amounts of feces.
- High quality foods will NEVER contain bone meal!
- Many low grade foods contain excess amounts of minerals such as calcium, phosphorus and protein. Foods claiming High Protein or other high minerals can actually damage your pets’ kidneys and lead to early death.
- Therapeutic diets are medicine. They treat diseases as well as lengthen and improve life.
- High quality food helps keep pets healthy and happy.
- When buying pet food you get what you pay for. If you’re getting 50lbs for $15 then the food is not worth buying and can cause your pet long term damage. The good news is that it’s not too late to switch to a good quality pet food like Science Diet, Iams, Purina One, etc.
- Our pets need a different diet based on their age and lifestyle
For all of these reasons and more, your pet needs a good quality diet!
We will be glad to help pick a good food for your pet. Give us a call or come in so we can help.